Though we got our un-official approval yesterday (to which there was much jubilation expressed in the forms of hugging, screaming and jumping around), it was made official today.
We’ve been given the green light to go ahead with our transition to Slovakia!
All missionaries with our organization need to raise at least 75% of their total budget before being sent overseas. We were worried since we are still shy of this mark. Hooray for special permission!
On January 22nd we will depart British Columbia to spend some time with friends and family in Ontario before leaving for Slovakia on the 29th. Until then, we have a lot of work to do. In so many ways we are ready to go and it feels as though life has been waiting for this moment of release. We are finally going. We are actually doing this. Years in the making; what an honour to be going.